A true Texan must eat taquitos from time to time. I was LONG past due for one so here’s my vegan version!
- Half of an eggplant VERY thinly sliced
- One smashed avocado with salt and pepper to taste
- One brown rice tortilla (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1 Tbs vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs Gluten free soy sauce (Tamari)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 Tbs Pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbs melted Coconut oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix together sauce ingredients in large mixing bowl. Add eggplant and toss until coated
- Place in single layer on parchment covered baking sheet (may need more than one)
- Bake for 10-20 minutes until dark golden brown.
*baking time is highly variable due to oven types, eggplant thickness, and desired crunchiness
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Place mashed avocado in warmed tortilla, top with bacon, fold over and enjoy!